You perhaps know, tennis is a very popular game, and usually, high-class people are associated with it. As racquet required for playing is little costly. So, buying tennis racquet requires perfect assessment of measurement of tennis racquet required for the specific person. Otherwise, investment in buying of tennis racquet will go in vein. But, you have to know the selection procedure of tennis racquet. So, choosing the good quality tennis racquet needs proper attention.
Selection Procedure Of Tennis Racquet
- First of all, you have to measure the grip size. As it varies from person to person. Adult grip size is 4- 4 & 5/8 inch.
- Maintain the specific rule to assess the grip size. If your size lies between the two, then, you choose the smaller one.
- Because grip size can be increased by adding soft tape on it.
- The general size of the length of the racquet is 27-28 inches.
- If you are a beginner, start with 27 inches’ length racquet.
- But, if you are expert and want to play with extra power, then select 28 inches’ racquet.
- The design of racquets is different for professional skill and different styles of playing.
- For beginners, head of the racquet is large and light weight. This type of racquet is called racquet for game improvement.
- For all levels of professional skill, designed for providing better control and power is called as tweener racquet.
- Professional player racquets are having a small head and offer maximum control, and players can prove his power to control.
So, please go through the criteria above and select your tennis racquets according to your requirements.
General Factors Linked With Tennis Racquet
While choosing the best tennis racket, some common factors are coming in between. These are price, size, weight, and style. You must consider all these factors before choosing the racquet. Price may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. You visit online sites and find which price suits with the compatibility of all technical details. So, already discussed that beginners should start with light weight and large head racquet. Comparatively, skill players should select the small head and heavy weight racquet for achieving better control in the game. So, when you are a beginner, you may start with the cheaper racquet, and as you acquire skill, you can upgrade yourself accordingly.
When you are a beginner, you may buy cheaper one before you achieve skill. You start playing with the strings that are coming with buying. But, later on, if your strings break, you replace it by softer strings. The skill player may replace their strings with hard polyester strings to offer better shots with more power. For the middle range players can also face problems with the strings and can break strings very often. In this situation, they can use mixed strings. For them, polyester strings will be too tough. So, they can use vertical strings as polyester and horizontal strings as softer polyester. As all players in their stages acquire skill; they can upgrade themselves with the racquet accordingly.
The discussion above proves that selection of racquets in considering features of professional skill or beginners are crucial. If the selection of racquet is not good, you cannot achieve professional skill in tennis and cannot jump to the next step. So, be perfect in selecting your racquet.